Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter to Retreat

Lincoln got sick over Easter of course so we just have Ella all dressed up in one of the cute dresses "Amma" Bryant got her.





This past weekend we attended a Young Adult retreat at DeerHaven campground with the Community of Christ. It was a wonderful weekend and the kids had lots of friends to play with. The guest speaker was Doug Pagitt, amazing Christian who gave us all some great things to think about. Linda Booth, member of the First Presidency was there as well. Seth and I ended up sitting in a little circle with her and a few others discussing a chapter in Mark. We were talking with a member of the First Presidency, how cool is that! She stayed for the whole weekend and spent time getting to know everyone there. Don't get that opportunity very often.

We had a great time and below are some pictures of the kids adventures there. Becca just loved playing in the sand(they don't have dirt here) and finding all the new plants and leaves to pick up and play with.





There is a lake here but during the winter months it gets pretty low, but still a pretty place and a fun weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella's got a beautiful dress one. She is so cute!

Unknown said...

I saw your comment on my blog and I'm sorry we never informed you that we are expecting. We never even told anyone until I was 20 weeks and we knew everything was going okay. I can't believe how big your kids are they are so cute and I love Ella's dress. I hope you and Seth are doing well. Are you planning a trip to Utah this summer?

Unknown said...

Jenn you're coming in May that's great. I'm due May 2nd so rather than seeing my pregnant belly hopefully you can see the baby. Hopefully we'll get to see you when you come.

Sean Langdon said...

It was good to hear about the retreat! I attended a Community of Christ Young Adult Retreat this past weekend as well. This one was in Washington State.

I love Linda Booth. Though, just to clarify, she is an Apostle in the Council of Twelve and not a member of the First Presidency.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification on Linda Booth as a member of the Twelve apostles. I still don't know everyone very well. Thanks!

The Bott Family said...

How fun! It sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. I love the pictures!

American Pinay said...

Wow Ella is so pretty!!! She looks even prettier in that dress!!!